Is Recapture the best Klaviyo alternative for your store?
That depends very much on what you’re looking to do with it. Klaviyo is a great email marketing tool with lots of features and tons of effort behind it. But you may not benefit from all of that power. And that power comes at a significant cost to you in both complexity to manage and money you’ll pay. But is Recapture a solid Klaviyo alternative?
Let’s see how Recapture stacks up against Klaviyo
|Simple Pricing||✅, https://recapture.io/pricing|
No email send limits per contact.
Price upgrade/downgrade automatically based on usage/recovery.
|⚠️, Pricing based on contacts and whether you use SMS or not. Pricing plans always increase (auto-upgrade) but require MANUAL downgrade. Limits placed on email sends per contact.|
|Easy to use editor||✅, Drag-and-drop or custom HTML both available||✅, Drag-and-drop or custom HTML both available|
|Segmentation||✅, many options available, easy to setup and understand||✅, many options available, easy to setup and understand|
|Abandoned Cart recovery||✅, as many emails as you wish to send, any timing you want, supports abandoned checkouts AND abandoned carts automatically||✅, as many emails as you wish to send, any timing you want, supports abandoned checkouts automatically. Have to add abandoned carts manually.|
|Winback emails||✅, as many emails as you wish to send, any timing you want||✅, as many emails as you wish to send, any timing you want|
|Post Purchase Emails||✅, as many emails as you wish to send, any timing you want, supports Welcome, Cross-sell/Upsell, Review Reminder, and Educational content||✅, as many emails as you wish to send, any timing you want, supports Welcome, Cross-sell/Upsell, Review Reminder, and Educational content|
|Broadcasts||✅, as many emails as you wish to send, any timing you want. Flexible per-send pricing, or fixed-price for high-volume senders||✅, as many emails as you wish to send, any timing you want.|
|Email Popups (collectors)||✅, add-to-cart and general popups, both supported. Collect mobile numbers, emails or both.||✅, add-to-cart and general popups, both supported. Collect mobile numbers, emails or both.|
|SMS Notifications||✅, send order notifications or abandoned cart recovery texts.||✅, send texts for any kind of campaign.|
|Analytics & Reporting||✅, detailed, with easy-to-read graphs for every campaign. Option to email report either daily, weekly or monthly on request. Covers open, click, conversion, unsubscribe, bounce and revenue/email data.||✅, detailed, with easy-to-read graphs for every campaign. Option to email report either daily, weekly or monthly on request. Covers open, click, conversion, unsubscribe, bounce and revenue/email data.|
|Personalization||✅, numerous options for name, coupon code, order & product data, coupon name and more. Put in subject, preview or body.||✅, numerous options for name, coupon code, order & product data, coupon name and more. Put in subject, preview or body.|
|Most Suitable for||Stores that manage marketing in-house, stores that don’t want or can’t afford agencies. Stores who want something easy to use and manage.||Mostly oriented to agencies because of complexity/learning curve involved. Popular with many stores but requires training or significant experience to use well.|
|Templates||🚫, not yet supported||✅, well supported|
|Customer Support||✅, highly rated support on all platforms, live chat, email and phone. Very responsive.||⚠️, responsiveness of support has struggled and stability of platform has caused outages|
|Complexity/Ease of Use||✅, very easy to use and learn, low learning curve||🚫, very complex, requires significant training, experience or hiring external help (e.g. agencies/freelancers)|
- Industry leader for email marketing with ecommerce
- Most integrated platform across ecommerce vendors
- Most features available
- Most flexible platform you can use
- Flexibility means complexity, and learning Klaviyo is not simple, quick, or easy
- Loved by agencies because they share in the revenue, so if you want their help, they’ll “suggest” you to migrate to it
- Customer support has been a problem for some time now
- Platform has had recurring stability issues, especially during key times (Black Friday 2021 and 2022)
- Klaviyo pricing is not the friendliest for all types of stores and the platform can be very expensive to use
- Stores that really need highly flexible or custom automations
- Stores with $3 million annual revenue or more
- Stores that have their email marketing done by an agency or freelancer
- Stores that want to outsource their email marketing to an agency
- Stores with previous Klaviyo experience in house or otherwise
Not a Good Fit For
- Stores who run their email marketing in-house by their own staff
- Stores who have marketers wearing multiple hats (e.g. ad management, creatives, email marketing, promotions, etc) who need to “get something done quickly”
- Stores who like tools that are simple and easy to use without sacrificing too much
- Stores who are cost sensitive to agency-based pricing arrangements (e.g. revenue sharing on “savings created by email”)
- Stores who want responsive, friendly customer support
Bottom Line on Recapture as Klaviyo Alternative
Klaviyo is the market leader in ecommerce email marketing for a reason. Hundreds of employees, millions of dollars invested in the platform and a huge engineering team to support it. They provide the most features and flexibility around, hands down. But that flexibility comes with a very significant cost–you sacrifice ease of use and in order to use their tool to its full potential, you will have to invest significant time or money in order to gain all of the advantages they offer (via agencies and freelancers who know the product). Plus, Klaviyo pricing might leave a bad taste in your mouth. If you’re looking for a solid Klaviyo alternative, Recapture might make sense for your store.
Most stores simply don’t need that much power to manage their email marketing and cart recovery until they reach a larger size (e.g. more than $3 million a year in annual revenue). Save yourself the headache, expense of training or the agency fee and try Recapture instead. With abandoned cart recovery, post purchase emails, winbacks, popups, and SMS notifications, Recapture is a great middle market solution for stores that are growing. Without sacrificing ease of use. You can always expect responsive, friendly customer support with Recapture, too. Recapture may indeed be your better alternative to Klaviyo.
Ready to get started?
You can have Recapture up and running today. Why wait any longer? Start recovering abandoned revenue right now!